Retreat: Find your way to Meaningful Work.
Fri 13th Jan 2023, 11am – Mon 16th Jan 2023, 4pm GMT (UTC +00:00)
- Coed Weddings And Events, Llantrithyd Road, Saint Hilary, Cowbridge, UK
|Add to calendar||Google · ICS|
Make 2023 the year you finally sort out your work life!
Join us for a powerful 4-day Retreat to better understand yourself and find more meaningful work.
13th-16th January 2023. South Wales.
What you do with your productive hours ought to be a true expression of you, it should yield what you need and bring deep satisfaction every time you go to work! If you're not there yet… STOP settling!
Just an hour away from Bristol, or a stone's throw from Cardiff, the venue is set in an off-grid farming community – a hidden Utopia from modern life.
The food will be delicious, hyper-local vegetables, cooked by an energetic young Cardiff chef with a passion for nutrition, taste and service.
Tickets from just £449 and included in the price are all meals, workshops, tools (incl a psychometric), ceremonies and facilities (incl beautiful showers and a sauna)!
Imagine LOVING your job! This is where that reality starts…
Within the workshops, you will be expertly guided through a process that will reveal and celebrate your:
- creative process;
- and actions to get you there…
In addition to the workshops, there will be a range of other activities to keep you stimulated, grounded and —if you're up for it— challenged. These will include:
- Sound bath
- Fire Ceremonies
- Conscious Dance
These are included to help you relax, unwind, sleep and ultimately tap into deeper levels of consciousness (where the answers lie). These activities are all offered as an invitation!
The 4 days have been meticulously designed to help you access your body; the present moment and to practise confronting challenges and fears in a super-safe and highly compassionate environment.
By the end of the retreat you will leave with:
- A clear understanding of your:
- Strengths and how to practically use them (a psychometric assessment is included in the cost).
- Your pre-existing Values and how to communicate them to others (and yourself).
- What your Creative Process is and who needs to be part of this.
- What your life is like when it's in Flow and how to optimise for that.
- Vision for your career/work including specifics around: context/industry/sector.
- A plan for how you can intercept this vision in the near future.
- New Habits, Routines, Rituals and Tools
- A User Manual — unlike a CV — this digital document will communicate who you are, where you're destined and what you need to work at your best… not just what you've done! Your User Manual is about how to get the very best out of you (it serves as a reminder to yourself and it can be used to help interviewers and collaborators get to know you and therefore maximise your potential).
- Deep connections with a committed community of beautiful like-minded souls determined to make their productive hours 'something they would choose to do even if they didn't need the money'. It's likely that you will emerge with lifelong friends/collaborators should you wish.
- Feeling nourished! With more energy after the retreat than you arrived with. And, the clarity and enthusiasm to make work work for you. This retreat will nourish your belly, your mind, your emotions, your body and your soul.
It's paramount that you understand your own needs and boundaries in relation to attending anything that's offered. You will be supported to understand what feels safe to you and actively encouraged to say ‘no’ to anything that doesn't align to what you are needing in the present moment. For example, maybe you need more sleep and not to meditate early, then do that! This is part of the work. Saying ‘no’ to some aspects of life helps free you up so you can say ‘yes’ to what resonates deeply within you. It's about being Authentic!
We invite you to Join Us!
Every fibre of your being will thank you for this! You'll come out with a plan and actions —but also new tools and habits— for what to do with your productive hours. This will be based entirely on YOU and YOUR talents; passions and needs.
Imagine LOVING your job!
This is where that reality starts.
Venue: To get a sense of this wonderful venue scroll up, click on the location and feast your eyes on the photos of Coed on Google Maps. Postcode: CF71 7DP
If you want to discuss accommodation (or anything else) please get in touch.
If you are struggling financially but really feel called to do this work and be there with us then write to us about your situation and why you want to come and send it to: email@example.com
About the main facilitator:
James O'Halloran quit his high-paid job in 2008 out of sheer frustration and sadness, the culture felt toxic! More than that there was a strong sense that there could be more to life. A philosophy took root: Figure out what you're good at and do that for the benefit of others. James pursued this relentlessly until he cracked it for himself. Along the way, there were many failures and abandoned careers (Software Engineer; Furniture Designer; Tech Startup Founder; CTO; Lecturer) until he found his way to coaching. Coaching fits James like hand-to-glove and he has coached Entrepreneurs professionally since 2015. In his pursuit of Authentic and Meaningful work James invested heavily in tools, books, workshops, courses and various experiences (meditation retreats a-plenty, ceremonies…) in order to tackle the almost daily existential crisis of ‘what to do with my life?’. James now uses his remarkable understanding of people and a curated set of profound tools and processes in workshops, retreats and 1-2-1 coaching.
“James is impressive with the ease/skill in which he uses gentle (yet targeted) conversation and questions to identify areas for growth and development. He picks up on subtle tone and body language which enables him to focus on where the most value can be gained.”— Jaki King.
“James helps you organize your thoughts, provides helpful insights and reminds you not to sell yourself short.” — Michelle Treacy
“James helped me find the space to think clearly. He helped me identify my transferrable skills and talents and how best to put them to use. James reflected back to me so I could get clarity on my thought processes, both positive and negative, and really understand myself as well as how I come across to others. This was extremely enlightening. James helped me regain my confidence and figure out how to move forward. I highly recommend James for people who want help identifying their talents and to regain their sense of direction and find the confidence to move forward.” — Nicola Ainger.
Follow on Instagram: @sweet_dot_work
Learn more: https://www.sweet.work/
This event started 11 months ago
|Find your best fit...|
There was an error processing the transaction
You have not be charged. Please refresh the page to try again.
Pay with SEEDS
Looking for your transaction...
Pay with Open Collective
Looking for your transaction...
Making a manual transaction? You will find pasting these details easier if you 'Expand view' first.
Looking for your transaction...