Psychedelic Gong Bath (Round Chapel)
|The Psychedelic Society
|Psychedelic Gong Baths
|Add to calendar
|Google · ICS
Please read thoroughly the following description and information so you arrive to the session fully prepared. It is essential to bring your own mats and blankets or sleeping bags.
As you lie on a mat on the floor, gongs, Himalayan singing bowls, some other ritual instruments and overtone singing will be used to weave a tapestry of sound.
The vibrations create a feeling of being 'bathed' or carried away into the space, with participants variously reporting subtle or powerful bodily sensations, a deep meditative state often accompanied by rich imagery and visions, or feeling of timeless nothingness and bliss. During the session the brainwaves are altered to the state that is self-healing, and has balancing benefits on the body and mind. Occasionally some sounds might trigger unpleasant and suppressed emotions that flow up to the surface — please accept them as a part of a healing process. In most cases the overall experience is very relaxing and ecstatic, and participants feel refreshed and recharged for a few days after the session.
To get the best out of the experience, please:
* KEEP YOURSELF WARM & COMFY - bring a sleeping bag or blankets + mat/mattress to lie down on. During the session the temperature of the body often drops, so you might feel cold if you come unprepared.
* COME WITH NO EXPECTATIONS and with an open mind.
* POSITION YOURSELF WITH YOUR HEAD FACING THE GONGS.
* WEAR AN EYE MASK or put a scarf on your face to cover your eyes which can enhance your visual sound experience.
* TAKE YOUR TIME TO DIGEST THE EXPERIENCE - give yourself a bit of time for silence and introspection after the sounds of the session have vanished.
Tickets: £15 - £25 (Please note that we can not arrange refunds or exchanges. We do welcome swapping or reselling your tickets with people you know)
~ Doors open at 7.30pm. Please take your shoes off before entering the hall, and place your mats & blankets with 1m+ space between you.
~ Please switch off your mobiles and use the toilets before the sound session begins.
~ We close the door strictly at 8.00pm. Gong sound bath starts at 8.05pm and lasts about 1hr20min, followed by 5-10min of gentle sounds and waking up.
- Please do not come to the venue if you are unwell or believe that you have been exposed to Covid-19.
- Please wear a mask/face covering when entering and leaving the venue. You can take it off once you lie down on your mat.
Facilitator: Kat Bumbul / Sound Mysterium
Kat is an experienced sound healer (10 years) and shaman, working with gongs, old Himalayan singing bowls, drums and her unique voice. She is also a ritualistic tea artist, creating sensuous tea meditations inspired by Chinese and Japanese ceremonies and Taoist and Zen philosophy. Kat studies and practices siberian shamanism, kashmiri shaiva tantra, dzogchen and spiritual taoism.
Kat/Sound Mysterium is available for private sound sessions including singing bowls sound massage, hand/energy healing, shamanic healing & blessing, tea ceremonies/meditations, workshops, art projects, retreats, and tuition in sound healing.
Please note, these events aren't designed for people to take psychedelics at.
For any enquiries regarding Psychedelic Gong Bath please contact email@example.com
REFUNDS POLICY: Please note, we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. When possible we encourage reselling on Ticketswap.
ACCESS: We do our best to include everyone in our events, regardless of health circumstances. If you have access requirements please email the event organiser directly to discuss. Many facilitators are able to offer reduced ticket prices for those truly unable to afford the ticket price. If this applies to you, do please get in touch with the event organiser.
For PSYCHEDELIC KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES please check out the Psychedelic Society website.
MEMBERS of the Psychedelic Society get a discount off almost all of our events.
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community with invites to special events and more.
This event started over 2 years ago
Upcoming Psychedelic Gong Baths events
- Kat Bumbul
- Sat 23rd Mar 2024, 9:45pm – Sun 24th Mar 2024, 8:45am GMT (UTC +00:00)
- Colet House, Talgarth Road, London, UK