Sisters and Siblings Circle
- Wed 6th Dec 2023, 7pm – 9:30pm GMT (UTC +00:00)
- Gasworks Studio, Narroways Road, Bristol, UK
|Bristol Sisters and Siblings Circle
|Add to calendar
|Google · ICS
Monthly Sisters and Siblings Circle: Embracing Radical Acceptance and Collective Flourishing
Step into a space of radical acceptance, where you are embraced precisely as you are. Our Sisters and Siblings Circle offers a warm haven for self-reflection, intention-setting, ceremony and the nurturing of a thriving community. We are united by our commitment to creating a more beautiful world that rejects oppressive politics and fosters collective flourishing.
These circles are designed to be regular moments to pause, exhale and reflect. They will take place on the first Wednesday of each month, you are most welcome to join one as a drop-in or book multiple.
Life can demand that we play specific roles, conform to societal expectations, and suppress our authentic selves. Not here. Our circle celebrates the freedom to shed those masks and embrace yourself exactly as you are. Whether you arrive with joy, anger, grief, playfulness, or weariness, you will find acceptance and support here.
In an era filled with sometimes problematic 'new age' 'spiritual' 'conscious' spaces, our circle advocates for combatting cultural appropriation, decolonisation and the liberation of all. Open to all women (cis and trans inclusive), non-binary, and genderqueer individuals, this is your playground to learn, grow, and shape your life and the world you wish to inhabit. To do so, amongst others who understand the realities of living under a racist, ableist, heteronormative, capitalist patriarchy.
Every month, we begin with a grounding somatic meditation, allowing you to soothe your nervous system and deepen your connection to yourself. Then through sharing, we encourage one another to explore our emotions, experiences, and deepest desires. After a refreshing tea break, we embark on the practice of setting intentions for the month ahead. How can we prioritise what truly matters, foster personal growth, and serve our communities and planet? The pinnacle of our gatherings lies in transformative ceremonies. Together, we harness the power of simple rituals to manifest positive change in our lives and the world around us.
Join the Sisters and Siblings Circle today to be part of a compassionate, conscious, and supportive community. Together, we'll nurture a future filled with purpose, authenticity, and interconnected flourishing.
About Your Facilitator
Rosie is a creative facilitator and poet. Her degree in Politics, studies of facilitation with Gaia Harvey-Jackson, eco-psychology, permaculture and Somatic Experiencing give her a unique approach to working at the intersection of embodiment, nature connection and liberation politics. Rosie has facilitated circles, writing workshops and community rituals for over two years and is a Shinrin Yoku (forest bathing) guide. She sees her facilitation practice as a form of activism. Holding space for folks to connect with themselves, a supportive community and the ‘more than human’ world is a radical act in a disconnected society. She is interested in nurturing the flame of inner transformation to benefit the lives of all. Find her on Instagram @rosiewatsonfacilitation.
- Therapeutic Benefits: While this event may offer therapeutic benefits, please be aware that it is not a substitute for therapy. If you are facing significant mental health challenges, we urge you to seek support from a qualified practitioner.
- Safer and Inclusive Space: Our top priority is to create a safe and inclusive environment for all participants. The facilitator will actively intervene if any oppressive behaviour or language is observed. However, it is essential that you also take responsibility for your personal needs and boundaries. If anything comes up during the event that doesn't feel right, please don't hesitate to communicate this with your facilitator.
- Accessibility: The venue is fully wheelchair accessible through a side passage and door. If you require the use of this entrance, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org after booking your ticket or if you have any other access requirements. We strive to accommodate everyone's needs and ensure an accessible experience for all.
- Financial Accessibility: We believe in making this event as inclusive as possible. If the cost of the ticket presents a genuine barrier for you, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are more than willing to work with you to find a suitable solution.
Thank you for taking note of these important points. We look forward to welcoming you to our circle.
This event started 3 months ago