Psychedelic Storytelling & Social - BRIGHTON
- Mon 4th Mar 2024, 7pm – 9:30pm GMT (UTC +00:00)
- The Walrus, Ship Street, Brighton, Brighton and Hove, Brighton, UK
|The Psychedelic Society
|Brighton and Hove
|Add to calendar
|Google · ICS
Psychedelic Storytelling & Social
Are you psychedelic-curious but not sure where to start?
Or perhaps you're a long-time psychonaut looking to meet other like-minded folk?
This evening is a chance to meet others in the Psychedelic Society community of open-minded adventurers. Sometimes the psychedelic community can feel very closed off to those not “in the know” - we want to break down those taboos, dismantle the cliques and, instead, speak throughtfully and honestly about our experiences and interests in a non-judgemental space where all perspectives and curiosities are welcomed.
What to expect
- We will have some ice breakers to encourage everyone to meet new people and explore different topics of conversation with one another.
- Then we will have a short chat with Jocelyn Rose, one of the lead facilitators for Brighton Psychedelics. Jocelyn helps run 6-weekly Psychedelic Integration Circles in Brighton as part of a team of facilitators. So if you have any questions about what to expect should you decide to attend a session, this is the perfect opportunity to ask.
- For approximately an hour, depending on the uptake, there will be the opportunity for all of us to share our psychedelic stories - the weird, the tricky and the downright wonderful. This part of the evening will be open-mic style, facilitated by host Mags Houston, and we will have a sign-up sheet to add your name to the list of storytellers. Your stories should be no more than 5 minutes and there's no need to rehearse what to say or come particularly prepared - often the best stories are told off-the-cuff and from the heart!
- Finally, there will be plenty of time simply to get to know one another in free-flowing conversation.
If you have any questions at all, feel free to drop us an email: email@example.com
Our venue & arrival information
We will be meeting at The Walrus, a beautiful pub near the Brighton seafront. We will be in The Raised Room, which is accessible through the ground floor, down to the left - please ask a member of staff if you're struggling to find it. There are a few steps up to the room, so please contact Mags (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the event if you require any assistance. An accessible toilet is available.
Everyone is welcome to stay to socialise and enjoy the space after we finish the facilitated part of the night at 9.30pm. We have the room until close!
Food and drink: you can purchase food and drinks from the bar at any time during the evening - visit The Walrus' own website for menu details.
Facilitator: Mags Houston
Mags curates and hosts events for The Psychedelic Society on drug policy, psychedelic science and mental health treatment, as well as more generally growing our incredible community.
Mags’ mission is to shift the mainstream narrative around drugs by helping to provide education and challenging UK drug policy, so that therapies and medicines that are currently not accessible to patients might be made available on the NHS and prescribed to the people who desperately need them. Alongside her work for the Society, Mags is Head of Projects & Communications at the UK's leading drug policy charity, Drug Science, as well as volunteering for Heroic Hearts Project UK, a not-for-profit organisation that helps veterans suffering with PTSD through psychedelic therapy, retreats and research.
Mags is trained in Authentic Relating and Internal Family Systems with ART International, as well as heart-centred tantric communication. She is committed to building communities, bringing people together through open, honest expression.
Want to become a member?
Join here from £5 a month. Members are also welcome to bring up to a non-member guest. All tickets must be purchased in the member's name.
REFUNDS POLICY: Please note, we do not arrange refunds or exchanges. When possible we encourage reselling on Ticketswap.
ACCESS: We do our best to include everyone in our events, regardless of health circumstances. If you have access requirements please email the event organiser directly to discuss. Many facilitators are able to offer reduced ticket prices for those truly unable to afford the ticket price. If this applies to you, do please get in touch with the event organiser.
For PSYCHEDELIC KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES please check out the Psychedelic Society website.
MEMBERS of the Psychedelic Society get a discount off almost all of our events.
Join from £5 a month and become part of this amazing community with invites to special events and more.